Code of Conduct
As The Kansas City Cauldron we are a very public face of Sporting KC supporters. To many fans, we’re the rowdy, loud group that never stops singing or cheering. We are made up of paid/active Cauldron Members as well as Independent Supporters Groups that have joined the Cauldron umbrella as Cauldron-affiliated ISG’s.
The Kansas City Cauldron is committed to contributing to the atmosphere of Children’s Mercy Park in support of Sporting KC. As we support one of the founding members of Major League Soccer, we stand committed to uphold the enduring values of all Cauldron members that came before us. Those values include a commitment to winning, respect, tolerance, and an appreciation for the World’s game.
The following is our Code of Conduct and we expect every paid/active member of The Kansas City Cauldron, and all members of Cauldron affiliated Independent Supporters Groups, to adhere to the values detailed therein.
Kansas City Cauldron Code of Conduct
Members of The Cauldron will:
- Act in a manner that supports the growth of The Cauldron and represents both Sporting KC and The Cauldron in a positive manner while attending SKC or Cauldron events or in online soccer specific environments
- Provide a welcoming environment for fans who are new to the game, or new to The Cauldron, in order to make them feel included and part of something bigger than themselves.
- Treat away fans with respect inside and outside of the stadium
- Comply with the Stadium Code of Conduct at home and away
- Comply with the MLS Code of Conduct
- Participate in songs and chants throughout the match (if able), following the direction of the capos
Be good representatives of the Cauldron while participating in Roaddrons, following all rules of the away stadium and respecting the home crowd inside and outside of their stadium.
Members of The Cauldron will not:
- Engage in ticket scalping in the section
- Resell tickets in the supporters section without explicitly informing the buyer of the tickets of the location and expectations for standing in the supporters section
- Serve as gatekeepers who define what it means to properly support the game and/or our Club
- Engage in excessive, incapacitated, or disorderly behavior at games, events or watch parties
- Use racial slurs, hate speech or other disrespectful language aimed at others, either while attending SKC or Cauldron events or in online soccer specific environments
- Make unwelcome sexual advances or sexually harass others while attending SKC or Cauldron events or in online soccer specific environments
- Lead, encourage or participate in chants that do not reflect our values
- Damage, modify, or otherwise interfere with the seating, décor, or structure of the stadium (inside or out), nor any banner, tifo, or accessories set-up by The Cauldron during match day
- Ignore stadium policy or engage in confrontation with stadium staff during guidance on modification of behavior.
Racism, sexism, discrimination, homophobia, disrespect, threats, and violence toward anyone do not belong in The Cauldron. These attitudes will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Any member of The Cauldron, or a Cauldron affiliated ISG, who does not follow the Code of Conduct is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the organization. Depending on the situation, other disciplinary action such as revocation of membership benefits or a ban on away travel may be invoked. The Club may also be involved in sanctioning of members if appropriate and The Cauldron may request the club expel and/or ban the member(s) from the supporters section and/or the stadium. The Cauldron has a zero tolerance policy for criminal activity. We are committed to cooperating with any authorities as necessary on issues related to any incidents under investigation.
All members of The Cauldron, regardless of their status within the organization, are subject to these standards. Members of the organization’s leadership team, ISG’s, and committees may be held to a higher standard than others to ensure that The Cauldron sends a clear message of our commitment to positivity and inclusion.
Disciplinary investigations and sanctions will be managed on a case-by-case basis as follows:
- For minor violations, individuals will be given an initial verbal warning. We understand that some rules may be unclear or that there may be minor violations in the heat of the moment.
- A formal warning will be issued in situations where it is warranted, or if there is a repeated improper behavior after a verbal warning. Immediate formal warnings will be issued for violent conduct, racist or sexist chants, unwanted sexual advances or harassment, grossly inappropriate behavior on social media, or violations of Stadium policies. If repetitive warnings are issued, direct disciplinary action will be taken.
- In certain situations, inappropriate behavior will lead to immediate disciplinary action. This action will vary depending upon the circumstances, and may lead to expulsion from The Cauldron.
This process will be administered by the Kansas City Cauldron Disciplinary Committee, which consists of five members made up by the three ISG Members At Large and 2 Executive Board Members. Actions of the Disciplinary Committee are final and can only be appealed if the appellant presents the signatures of 100 Cauldron members in good standing who support an appeal. These signatures may be either hard copy or digital, and must include printed name and email address. Appeals for individuals will be heard collectively by the Cauldron Board of Directors, ISG Council, and ISG Members At Large.
If all or part of a Cauldron-affiliated ISG has violated this Code of Conduct the ISG as a whole will be held accountable to the terms above. However the process will be administered by the Cauldron Board of Directors. The decisions of the Cauldron Board of Directions are final and can only be appealed if the appellant ISG presents the signatures of 250 Cauldron members in good standing who support an appeal. These signatures may be either hard copy or digital, and must include printed name and email address. Appeals for ISG’s will be heard collectively by the Cauldron Board of Directors, remaining ISG Council, and ISG Members At Large.
Both individual members and Cauldron-affiliated ISG’s will have a single opportunity to appeal their dismissal. A failed appeal results in serving the full sanction that was administered.
If you observe behavior in the stadium, at an event, or online that does not follow the Code of Conduct, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By adhering to this Code of Conduct we believe we can assure a fun, active and safe environment for all of our members and fellow supporters of Sporting KC.
Thank you and GO SPORTING!
Kansas City Cauldron Leadership